Re: Comparison of aptitude hold and pinning?

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 09:17:46AM -0300, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> dpkg stores the 'hold' information, see:
> dpkg --get-selections|grep -i PACKAGENAME

No.  A hold placed with dpkg and one placed with aptitude are not the same
thing and are not stored in the same place.

Under certain circumstances not clearly defined, aptitude will import the
real status database information, but I have no idea if the process ever
goes the other way.

Yet another reason to never use aptitude.

--
 Marc Wilson |     We wish you a Hare Krishna We wish you a Hare Krishna
 msw@cox.net |     We wish you a Hare Krishna And a Sun Myung Moon!