Re: downgrading sid's mysql-server

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

I use WordPress, which needs mysql and php4.

Normally I use it on Sarge. But I upgraded to Sid on one partition.

Sid uses mysql-server-5.0 while Sarge uses 4.0.24-10sarge1.

That means I can dump the db on Sarge and read it back in on Sid.

But I cannot do that from Sid to Sarge because you get a mysql error.

<snip>

The error is a complaint about 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1'.
So you climb into your ol' editor and you take out the 13 occurrences of that in the dump.

Presto!!! She restores.

But it's ridiculous of course...
I told you there were just too many notes ;-)