Re: OpenVPN hardware requirements

Dexter:

> we have 1Mbps/1Mbps internet connection. We have firewall with hardware:
> Pentium 400MHz, Ram 192 MB. We use it as firewall, proxy (squid) and
> OpenVPN server.  Is this hardware enough?

It depends. :) I don't have that much experience with OpenVPN on
different machines, but I once tried using it as a server on my Linksys
WRT54G. This device has a 200MHz MIPS CPU and 16MB RAM and managed to
encrypt/decrypt about 300kB/s which is even more than 1Mbps.

So generally your machine should be able to do what you need, but it
depends how loaded it already is and how many clients are using it.

J.
--
If nightclub doormen recognised me I would be more fulfilled.
[Agree]   [Disagree]