Re: Why are my posts so delayed??

David A. Parker wrote:

Digby Tarvin wrote:

Just curious,

Can anyone tell me why there seems to be a delay of about 12 hours
between posting a message and seeing it appear on the list?

I was receiving all messages from lists.debian.org on a substantial delay a few days ago. Most messages seem to be coming in fine today, although yours was timestamped 6:36AM and I received it at 3:50 PM (Eastern).

    - Dave

I just got one with a timestamp of 12:06 PM. It is now 11:52 PM. Received 11 hours and 46 minutes after posting. The most recent post that I have received, today, is timestamped 3:13 PM, 8 hours and 39 minutes ago. I have noticed sporadic delays like this, of as much as 10 to 12 hours, over the last few days. Yesterday they were coming in slowly, about 11 hours behind. I checked two posts of my own in the archives at debian.org and they was there within a few minutes after I sent them, but I did not get them back. Later that night, posts started coming in without much delay, but there was a gap of about 10 hours in the middle that still had not come through, including my own posts. By this morning my posts had come back to me. I don't know what is causing the delay, but it does not seem to have resolved itself, yet.

--
Marc Shapiro

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.
What?! Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here.
Boom. Sooner or later ... boom!

- Susan Ivanova: B5 - Grail