Re: Which is the most stable desktop?

> KDE, icewm are reasonably stable. Have not tried others so cannot comment on
> them. In general, if you are using stable releases, all the destop
> environments or window managers should be stable enough.

Large desktop environments (KDE, GNOME etc.) are always more likely to
fail than small ones (Fluxbox, FVWM etc.), but that is simply because
they contain more applications that _can_ contain bugs. The possibility
is rather theoretical, however.

You should really stop worrying about how stable they are, and just
choose your favorite one. Personally I always recommend GNOME to people
that do not know what to choose.