Re: Help! I can't even execute my own executables any more!

hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> execve("i686/txt", ["i686/txt"], [/* 26 vars */]) = -1 EACCES (Permission
> denied)
<snip>
> It looks as if execve is failing to read the executable.  But there were
> no compilation errors, and permissions seem to be set correctly.
It is indeed an EACCESS error, but permissions aren't the only thing that
may trigger it. man execve shows:
> EACCES Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix of
>       filename or  the  name  of  a  script  interpreter.   (See  also
>       path_resolution(2).)
> EACCES The file or a script interpreter is not a regular file.
> EACCES Execute  permission  is  denied  for the file or a script or
>       ELF interpreter.
> EACCES The file system is mounted noexec.
Are any of these true? We already know number 3 is false. Check number 1
with 'ls -la i686', number 2 with 'file i686/txt' and number four
with 'mount'.

--

Felipe Sateler