Re: CUPS web interface unaccessible

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 03:33:44PM -0700, Robert Kopp wrote:

>--- Ali Jawad <alijawad1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Whenever I try to access CUPS webinterface I get the
>> error resource
>> unaccessible...although...apache is running fine
>> ..and the ports are open
>>
>CUPS uses a different daemon. It might not be enabled
>by default--I don't remember.

CUPS has its own daemon for the web configuration part. Point your web
browser to localhost:631. If that doesn't work then you need to
configure your CUPS server to allow web configuration. You can use
netstat to see what ports are open:

 # netstat -ltap

The CUPS web site has good documentation for all of this and more:
http://www.cups.org/

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus