Re: Clon debian system from one machine to another

On Sun, 21 May 2006 01:37:14 -0400
"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:

> Surachai Locharoen wrote:
> > I set up debian on my machine. I have changed the setting to fit with
> > this computer. I want to transfers this system to another computer which
> > is the same hardware specification. Could you suggest the way to do
> > that? (I don't want to ghost harddisk because but I want to export
> > debian system to installation CD base on my setting)
> >

> I think that systemimager would be your best bet.  But if you want to
> transfer your system to CD or DVD, I think the bootcd package might do
> what you want.

I'm also looking to clone a system, but all the tips I've found want you
to install packages or make too large a backup.

Do you know a way to clone a system with just the unique content &
without changing the source PC?

--
Robert "roach" Spencer
Pietermaritzburg