Re: How to migrate from linux kernel 2.6.8 to linux kernel 2.6.16

Surachai Locharoen <surachai@prachakij.com> wrote:
I use apt-pinning without config /etc/apt/preference. I face with
conflict. After that I edit /etc/apt/preference. And apt-get
dist-upgrade. It 's work but grub menu not show linux-image-2.6.16-686
for boot up. How to correct it?

--
Surachai Locharoen
Hello,

I'm not quite sure that the kernel get upgrade with apt-get dist-upgrade, nevertheless you can chek if a new kernel is installed in the following way:

# ls -l /boot

you shoud have a vmlinuz the version of the kernel that you are looking for, if not go to www.kernel.org and download the kernel that you want and compile it.

Regards

I hope this helps.

--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)