Re: Problem booting anfter reinstall...

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

[snipped...]

most likely you don't have the right modules loaded. can you insmod
them from the busybox shell and then try init 6 (also, I think you
only need init 2 in debian, but you can check that by looking at
/etc/rc2.d).

It was from a fresh netinstall with the Debian installer, I haven't got
a clue what insmod ism let alone what to do with it...?

Of course, reading back over this, my suggestion assumes you've got
modules on a readable disk and I bet you don't...

You're assuming I know anything about modules...

you could boot from a live-cd (knoppix) and chroot into your system
and rebuild the initrd to include the proper modules in the initrd. I
think its dpkg-reconfigure yaird or initrd-yaird. Others will know
this.

I think I might just down load a DVD image and try installing from
that...

Cheers,

--
bob [at] bobarnott [dot] com                   http://www.bobarnott.com/
"Crash programs fail because they are based on theory that,