wireless troubles

Hi all,

I'm having problems getting wireless up and running on my laptop.

Here is the appropriate portion of /etc/network/interfaces:

# wireless
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wpa_conf /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

Here is my /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=0

eapol_version=1
ap_scan=2
fast_reauth=1

network={
        ssid="gawako"
        mode=shared
        proto=WPA
        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
        pairwise= CCMP TKIP
        group=CCMP TKIP
        psk="mykey"
        priority=4
}
network={
        ssid=""
        key_mgmt=NONE
}

I have tried this without "mode" and "group".  I have also tried this
without CCMP.

wpa_supplicant is running.

Wayne:/var/log# ps -A | grep wpa
14072 ?        00:00:00 wpa_supplicant

ifup wlan0 brings the interface up and dhcp discovery runs as it should.
I just get lease offers.  I have tried this both with secured and
unsecured access points, and I never recieve dhcp offers.

Anyone have any idea as to what I am doing wrong?  This wireless thing
is new to me.