firefox printing: question about paper size

I run firefox under Sarge, using Debian repository version of firefox
Recent posts on this list indicate that there is a (non-functioning)
way to indicate paper size for printing in firefox. I can't find any
such controls in the firefox that I have running here. Where are they?
Is it implemented by means of a plug-in? What is the name of the
plug-in?

My firefox behaves as if it is formatting output for A4 paper, and
I actually have US Letter. Wasted paper when it places footers at
bottom of page results.

TIA
--
Paul E Condon