Problem with aspell checking text in greek

I have tried to spell check several Latex files written in greek. I use kile.
It generally finds the mistakes but it highlights an irrelevant portion of
text, usually portions from two words, close to the wrong word. It highlights
at the same line, a few words before the wrong one. The replacements it
suggests are generally correct, but I cannot use them since other portions of
text will be replaced. So I do the corrections manually, by looking in the
area of the highlight, trying to find the misspelled word and correct it by
moving the cursor there. Not comfortable.

The texts I spellcheck are written in ISO-8859-7 encoding. I use sarge,
stable, 2.6.8.