Re: a postfix problem

Danny wrote:
On May 15 06, bill thought of the following :

I am just trying to set up postfix on a newly installed sarge machine.
I have edited the main.cf, I am well accustomed to using postfix, but have not so much experience with debian.
When I do a postfix reload after editing I get the following error

postfix: fatal: bad string length 0 < 1: setgid_group =

could someone here please be kind enough to point me in the right direction to get this sorted out
with many thanks

Bill

Hi Bill,

The following is an extract of "postfix_conf_parameters.html" found at
www.postfix.org:

setgid_group (default:postdrop)
The group ownership of set-gid Postfix commands and of group-writable postfix
directories.
When this parameter value is changed, you need to re-run
"postfix set-permissions".
(With Postfix 2.0 and earlier:"/etc/postfix/post-install set-permissions")

By the looks of it, you cannot have an empty value next to "setgid_group".

Well, I have made some progress, but now it is barfing on the following

mailhost:/usr/sbin# postfix set-permissions
chown: cannot access `/usr/lib/postfix/dict_ldap.so': No such file or directory

but I am not using ldap, what is going on here? any ideas?