Re: mplayer error: undefined symbol: faacDecOpen

On 2006-05-15, Jérôme Schneider <jerome.schneider@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the problem is here : libavcodec1 and libavcodec2 are not
> official and not in the Marillat's repositry ! I think you must remove
> them and it will work.

I've purged them, then purged libabcodeccvs and libavcodeccvs51, then
reinstalled mplayer, and I still get the same error.  I

`apt-file search libavcodec` lists the following packages

  libavcodec-dev
  libavcodec0d
  libavcodeccvs
  libavcodeccvs51
  libavcodeccvs51-dev
  mplayer-doc

and `dpkg -l libavcodec*` gives me the following;

  pn  libavcodec1                      <none>
  pn  libavcodec2                      <none>
  pn  libavcodeccvs                    <none>
  ii  libavcodeccvs51                  20060323-0.1

I can't think of anywhere else to look for the problem.

> Before check if you have the good Marillat repositry in your
> sources.list (he changes recently) :

I have the following.  Nothing changed when I replaced "unstable" with "sid".

  deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org       stable main
  deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org      testing main
  deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org     unstable main

Thanks,