Re: Buffer Image

Hi,

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 06:21:24PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> I think it comes from the RAM on your video card. Basically nothing
> overwrote the image that was there last time the card was in that mode.
> Text mode uses a much smaller (and possibly different) section of the
> RAM.
>
> >  Anybody there who is working on it.????
>
> Is it a problem?
>
> You could blank the RAM somehow if it's important.

How would you do that (in a portable manner)? I think this could be
privacy-relevant sometimes.

I have the following snippet in my .bash_logout for similar reasons:

# When leaving the console clear the screen to increase privacy.
# Also clears the scroll-back buffer.
case "$(tty)" in
  /dev/tty[0-9])
    t=$(v=`tty` ; echo ${v##*ty})