Re: a postfix problem

On 5/15/06, bill <bill@rakupottery.org.uk> wrote:
I am just trying to set up postfix on a newly installed sarge machine.
I have edited the main.cf, I am well accustomed to using postfix, but
have not so much experience with debian.
When I do a postfix reload after editing I get the following error
> postfix: fatal: bad string length 0 < 1: setgid_group =
could someone here please be kind enough to point me in the right
direction to get this sorted out
with many thanks
With what editor did you edit the configuration files ?
How did you install postifx ? from the deb package or built it from source ?
Have you tried taking this up in the Postfix mail group ?
Also post the postconf -n ouput

Ace.

--
Random Quotes From Megas XLR
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff.