gnome terminal with tabs confuses emacs

Hi,

I'm using debian testing on my laptop, and recently after upgrading the system I have found that the gnome terminal(v.2.14.1) window confuses emacs(text variant) when I use tabs in gnome terminal. It works well if not using tabs, but if used it borks emacs. The strange thing is that it affects non-local emacs as well, thats why I suspect its gnome terminals fault. The effect of it is that emacs bottom end is in the middle of the gnome terminal window and when i try to move the cursor in any file, the window turns blank. If I exit emacs, everything works as normal.

Anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me?

Any more info needed?

Thanks,
	Eric