Re: System Only Recognizes up to 1GB RAM

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 11:46:34AM -0400, Mark R. White wrote:
> I have 5 different systems with very similar setups, some dual core,
> some single, but all on the same chipset running 32 bit Debian Etch
> linux with the 2.6.15 kernel (I think one might have the 2.6.12 kernel).

I presume there's a reason you're using Debian's i386 port instead of
their amd64 port?

> All of them, no matter the
> configuration, only sees up to 1GB ram.  I have 1.5GB in one, and 2GB
> in another, all say they only have 1GB.  when I try more than 1GB in
> the other machines, same results.  Can anyone please help me?

Which linux-image package do you have installed?  You need one with
highmem support enabled, which should include the -686 and -k7 packages.
(I would suspect you have the -386 package installed.)