Re: Having cron-apt choose the default action (rather than yes) during upgrades?

On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 09:03 +0100, Rich Stanton wrote:
> I want to use cron-apt to auto install updates overnight.  I'm aware of
> the reasons against doing this, and am prepared to live with the
> consequences on this occasion.  I assume I can just create a file in
> /etc/cron-apt/action.d called 9-install & put the command 'dist-upgrade
> -y' in there.  However I don't necessarily want it to default to 'yes'
> on every question - during a manual upgrade, if a config file has been
> modified from the default, the default is to not overwrite it.  I'd like
> cron-apt to do the default in this case, which is 'no' (don't
> overwrite).  Will the -y action say yes, or will it do the default
> action (no in this case)?  If it says 'yes' how do I make it do the
> default action?

That would be "Trivial Only"

Look that up in the man page for apt-get ( should be "--trivial-only")

You will probably want to add "--allow-unauthenticated"

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux