[Unstable] NFS problems

Hi all !

I'm running Debian SID with the latest upgrades, and I am currently experiencing some problems with NFS.

At boot time, this is what happens :

starting NFS kernel daemon : mount nfsd ...done.
exporting directories for NFS kernel daemon ...done.
Starting NFS kernel daemon: nfsdNFSD : Using /var/lib/nfs/v4recovery as the NFSv4 state recovery directory
NFSD : starting 90-second grace period
portmap : server localhost not responding, timeout
RPC : failed to contact portmap (errno -5)

[the last three lines are repeated 4 times or so]

And when I try to halt the machine :

stopping portmap daemon...

And then nothing happens until I manually kill all the processes in order the shutdown the PC.

Moreover, another problem appeared at the same time as the previous one : KDE won't start up (the splash screen stays on "Initialising peripherals" for ever).

Many thanks in advance,

Alex.