Re: LVM2 snapshot question

On 5/12/06, Grant Thomas <eldowan.debian@gmail.com> wrote:

I would use the snapshot functionality to create a snapshot of a live
system, and then backup the system using the snapshot instead of the
actual system.

I have no experience with the LVM snapshots.  I've been using rsync
snapshots as described at
http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/.

One of the suggestions was to use the snapshot feature on everything
except the DB, and use a dump feature in the database, for example
MySQL.

Is there any suggestions, techniques or guidance that could be offered?

For MySQL, look at mysqlhotcopy.

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank.  The election baby has peed in