Re: DELL inspiron E1705/9400

I have tried installing Debian 3.1 on my E175 laptop. I have to choose
Vesa as the display driver. So max resolution supported is 1024x768. The
sound doesnt work. I have tried installing alsa, alsa fails to detect
any sound card. I have checked on the web there is a way to make the
wireless work with some kind of wrappers, i havent tried it. Wired
networking works.

But now am typing this on my suse 10.1, Display is great on it. It uses
drivers for 945GM with a resolution of 1440x900, sound drivers 82801G
(ICH7 Family) High Defenition Audio drivers.

I dont like suse 10.1 as much i do debian. I you can get debian working
on your laptop please let me know.

Thanks
Srinivasan.K