Re: dvd burning

On Wed, 10 May 2006 21:27:34 +0200
Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm moving my first steps with Debian.
> As a Mandrake 10.1 user, I used to burn dvds as well as cds with cdrecord;
> but now with Debian 3.1 it seems that I can't.
> In `/usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.DVD.Debian' it says:
>

> cdrecord does not support DVD recording. If you need it you have the
> following options:
>
> * cdrecord-ProDVD
>
> * dvd+rw-tools
>
> * dvdrtools
>
> * Apply the dvdrecord-patch to cdrecord and compile it yourself:
>     apt-get source cdrtools
>     cd cdrtools-<version>
>     fakeroot debian/rules dvd=yes cdrecord
>

> . What do you Debian users think is the best solution?
> Thanks,
> Rodolfo

this is what I have on an etch system;

dpkg -l | grep dvd+
ii  dvd+rw-tools       6.1-2                          DVD+-RW/R tools

dpkg -l | grep cdr
ii  cdrdao             1.2.1-6                        records CDs in Disk-At-Once (DAO) mode
ii  cdrecord           2.01+01a03-5                   command line CD writing tool

I would "assume" you could use the same. I burn dvd's from the shell,
not from any gui.

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42@gmail.com>
Registered Linux User #96112