Re: Begin: Waiting for root filesystem

This is just a stock install and after i get done installing i do a apt-get update and then apt-get upgrade and it hoses everytime. I want to use Etch and when i had it running it was great, but I cant have this happening all the time either.

I get this with sata_uli in non-RAID mode on 2.6.15 and 2.6.16. The driver module works only when unloaded and reloaded, or with the controller in RAID mode.

Knoppix (2.6.12 IIRC) is fine, so I guess sata_uli is broken in recent kernels.

Bottom line: what kind of controller is your boot disk on? Maybe that driver is broken, too. Would explain why the install works - older kernel.

C.