Re: Contact My Secretary

On Sat, 6 May 2006 14:39:52 -0600
Paul E Condon wrote:

> Wikipedia is great for learning the urban folklore about how it
> works, but does anybody *know* how it works?

I can't figure out what you're asking here.  Are you asking if
someone reading has been scammed, and can describe how it works?
Is there some portion of the fairly detailed description on
Wikipedia that you don't buy?

> And what is the
> success rate? And the income generated? And what law enforcement
> agencies, if any, are tracking this activity? Etc.

Good lord, did you even *bother* to look at the Wikipedia artice
before describing it as above?  It includes official quotes from
U.S. government officials on reported losses from U.S. citizens,
as well as international firms that keep statistics on the scam
and its effects in various countries.  At the bottom of the page
are a ton of links to information sources and organizations
dedicated to educating people about the related scams, tracking
their effects, etc.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)