Re: Gnome 2.14 display on projector. [on a laptop with ATI Rage graphicscard]

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 22:55:22 +0200, Søren Christensen wrote:

> > > Does anyone know how to do this with an ATI Rage graphicscard? What
> > > packet to install? What command to use?
> >

> > On my laptop's ATI M200 graphics card, I use the fglrx-control GUI to do this.
>
> Where do I find that, aptitude doesn't reveal it, and commandline
> doesn't give me a hint.

You need to include "non-free" in your /etc/apt/sources.list, e.g.

deb http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
deb-src http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib

fglrx-control is currently only in Sid. If you use the "radeon" driver
then "radeontool" might also be worth a look, but its package
description sounds somewhat ominous. (Disclaimer: I have no direct
experience with ATI cards, I just did a quick search through the package
descriptions.)

--
Regards,
          Florian