Re: Multi-layered PKI implementation

Thanks for the explanations, they are rather more indepth than I was
expecting for an idle curiosity.

Thanks for the verbosity and the need for clarification, they are
always appreciated. As with many things, it is better to cut too long
and adjust than to start short and really mess up.

I did figure that the access control wasn't built into the scheme and
would take an external ACL implementation to do something like this.

In retrospect, I probably did have a slightly distorted impression of
PKI, but the core I did understand.
To all, thanks for the responses, they were greatly interesting.

So, one final question:
I would like to know more about encryption, the underlying
infrastructures, etc. What would be, in the lists recommendation, a
good place to start?

Thanks for any help again,

Eldowan