Re: More X Problems Today

On Thu, 4 May 2006 15:37:58 +0100
Mark Crean <mcrean@snowpetrel.net> wrote:

> Just my 2 cents but I am getting a little desperate at the number of
> bog ups in Unstable at the moment. I don't want to leave the platform
> but if things continue like this I will have to. Like many folks
> perhaps, I am completely baffled by Debian's reluctance to get
> together a desktop iternation that is more up to date than Stable. It
> doesn't have to be rock solid, but there must be a better way than
> this.

It has been said many times; If you can not afford to deal with problem
like this DO NOT use unstable. From the comments above I can only
assume that you do not understand the Debian release method of stable,
testing, and unstable. Please review http://www.debian.org/releases/.

--
Bill Thompson
BillT@Mahagonny.com