transcode package for stable?

Anyone know if there's currently a debian stable package of transcode?

ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian no longer seems to have it.

My sources.list has:

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian stable main

# apt-get install transcode
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package transcode is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  transcode-doc
E: Package transcode has no installation candidate

transcode-doc gives me all the talk but none of the walk :-/

Alternatively, are there other tools I should be using in place of transcode? I want to create dvds from .avi files.

(Links to resources for editing and converting video files in general are most welcome: another thing I[1] would like to be able to do is convert AVIs and other video files to .3GP format to play on a mobile phone.)

[1] actually it's for the 13-year old nipper with the flashy mobile. My own mobile does phone calls and that's enough for me :-)