RE: floppy boot for local installation

-----Original Message-----
From: belahcene abdelkader [mailto:belahcene@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 3:36 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: floppy boot for local installation

Hi,
I ve just downloaded the 2 floppies ( boot.img and
root.img) to start installation from floppy. I have
all the sarge in local ftp server. Since I haven't CD
drive on some machines, I want to install from the
server by using the floppy to start the installation,
unfortunately  the fd tried to get the packages from
the network, there is no option to tell from where to
install as in the standard installation CD ??
Perhaps I downloded the bad images ??? in this case
where can I found the good ones.
thank you very much
bela

<SNIP - Yahoo Stuff>

I used the ones found here http://www.fdos.org/ripcord/rawrite/
I used the boot, root, cd-drivers, net-drivers.img files from the DVD... and
a program called NTRawrite-1.0.1...
I put them all into the same directory...
1. brought up the DOS prompt
2. typed 'NTRawrite.exe
3. answered the prompts
	a. source file -> boot.img
	b. destination device -> a:
	c. hit any key to continue
It writes the files and then verifies them...
	D. Success

It worked great for me... using NTRawrite-1.0.1 on a Windows XP Pro
machine...
				Most sincerely,
							Dan
 "For GOD so LOVED the world that he gave his only begotten son, that
whosoever should believe in him should not perish but have everlasting
life" - John 3:16 GOD's Holy BIBLE