RE: High Priority???

-----Original Message-----
From: IraqiGeek [mailto:geek@IraqiGeek.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 1:44 AM
To: Daniel L. McGrew
Subject: Re: High Priority???

On Wednesday, May 03, 2006 4:29 AM GMT,
Daniel L. McGrew <nurse1@longviewcomm.net> wrote:

> I apologize for assaulting your senses... However, this is a high
> priority issue for me... I know that you could care less about my
> problems, however I would really, really like to run some type of
> install program from this Debian DVD and get it installed on this
> computer...
> Now, I would understand your concern if I were discussing the
> weather or an upcoming event of tea with someone...
> I am well aware that your high priorities are not the same as my
> high priorities... therefore, if you send an email to me or a group
> that I am a member of that you say is high priority, I will never be
> so callous and un-sensitive as to tell you bluntly that your high
> priority issues are not even so much as a low priority to me...
> If you are performing some type of news message triage then simply
> use filter me out... I didn't read anything at all helpful in your
> reply to my request for help and let me tell you, it wouldn't have
> bothered me at all if you had a productive suggestion and had marked
> it as a high priority... as a matter of fact I would have welcomed
> it... if you have a productive suggestion, I still welcome it...
> I don't mean to sound ungrateful or appear as if I'm flaming you...
> I'm just trying to point out that this is a priority for me... even
> if it's not a priority for you... if there is something in the
> newsgroup rules, and I've never, ever seen anything like that in over
> two decades of using them, that says that it's not nice to send high
> priority messages as high priority, then I will happily stop sending
> my high priority messages as high priority... lol...
> Most sincerely,
> Daniel
> "For GOD so LOVED the world that he gave his only begotten son, that
> whosoever should believe in him should not perish but have
> everlasting life" - John 3:16 GOD's Holy BIBLE

Dan,

This has nothing to do with flaming. Its one of the basic netiquette rules
(email writing rules). Check any of these links for more details:

http://writing2.richmond.edu/writing/wweb/ewriting.html
http://www.uow.edu.au/student/elearning/net_tools.html

An example of a priority issue would be if you had a debian production
server that was facing some issues in the server. You may be anxious and
about learning linux, and want to install debian as soon as you can,
however, this is not a high priority issue. The priority of a message is
proportional to its real life importance.

You dont call 911 and ask for directions everytime you are lost, do you?

Regards,
IraqiGeek
www.iraqigeek.com

There's nothing new under the sun, but there are lots of old things we don't

know.
Ambrose Bierce

I will do my best to comply... I have set the last few messages to normal...
It is a little tedious, but I am at your service...
			Most sincerely,
						Dan

There is nothing new under the sun, but there are lots of old things we
don't know about.
	- King Solomon (Psalms)