Re: Cant install Sarge on my new laptop

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 04:49:26PM +0300, Fourat Zouari wrote:
> ok thanks for your help anymore
> i dont understand you saying 'don't top-post', can you explain to me so i'll
> not repost something like that

you are posting your replies ABOVE the previous posts. This means it
is difficult for others to follow the conversation. The proper thing
to do is place your responses to particular items BELOW the particular
item while also editting out those portions of the email that no
longer apply. See how my response to your question is below your
question? This makes it easy for others to follow the path of the
conversatino and thus more likely to help.

> On 5/1/06, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
> >
> >On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 08:59:01PM +0300, Zouari Fourat wrote:
> >> :(
> >> ubuntu didnt start X, didnt detect anything in my laptop
> >> really i dont know what should i do

Umm... you say it didn't detect anything? was it running with a
terminal? (obviously, since it let you run lspci) did it provide mount
points for your harddrive?

have you tried a knoppix cd? If knoppix can find your disk, then you
can figure out which modules you need.
 use lsmod from a terminal in knoppix.

one more thing, I don't think you've told us what this laptop is:
make, model, whatever information about hardware you might have...