Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

On Mon, 01 May 2006 15:24:21 -0700
Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> wrote:

> Matthias Julius wrote:
> > The same is true for drugs and other controlled substances.  Would
> > you vote making them freely available?
>
>     I would, and have.  Or rather, at the very least, decriminalized
> the ones that are criminalized now.  Because "drugs" encompasses more
> than just the illegal ones I presume you're referring to.

So would I.  I believe that well-intentioned and law-abiding citizens
should be free to do/buy/possess whatever they wish as long as it
harms no one. I can easily foresee a possible need for heroin or
cocaine. Any problem arises when one wishes to do unlawful things
(things which harm others). Why should the law-abiding pay for those
who do not wish to abide by the common rules of free men?
for instance, if some people use guns to threaten/harm others why would
a government disallow guns to the common free man who will only use
them in defense of his family and possessions?  Maybe so that same
government could pass imminent domain laws to take away legal
possessions from that man?
Fear your government, any type of government.

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs