Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
The problem is that in ... education there is *no*
incentive to perform *at all*.
Then perhaps you Americans should take a look at how we British are solving a similar problem...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ofsted

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/

Instead of complaining about "how it doesn't work" and threatening to scrap it, we *fixed* the problem... The problem appears to be that everybody must pass High School. Even if they don't. Perhaps if there was a real chance of little Johnny *failing*, the standards would rise...

Please note: What you Americans call public schools, we call state schools... our Public Schools are private... :)

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.