Re: daylight savings error on reboot

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 14:22 -0400, Matt Price wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm having a wierd phebomenon.  Every time I reboot, the clock gets
> set back an additional hour, as though my ocmputer were adjusting for
> daylight savings time again.  I've noticed this ever the latest time
> change, though I had thought it was an error due to suspend2's
> hibernate/resume funciton.  Now I notice that it happens on normal
> reboot as well.  Any ideas how to diagnose & fix this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> matt
>

> --------------------------
>  .''`.       Matt Price
> : :'  :      Debian User
> `. `'` 	     & hemi-geek
>   `-
> --------------------------

Excuse me, but I have some questions:

How are you checking the time of the system?

How do you change the time of the system?

Is the bios time equal to the system time?

If you change the bios time for other time, the time you get after boot
remains: one hour ahead, or the same it was before (one hour ahead of
what you have adjusted your self before this step)

Are you running any network time protocol daemon?

Fortuna fortes adjuvat!

--
Ms. Eng. Fernando Augusto Bender
Pesquisador em Controle Automático

Use Linux: http://www.debian.org

Comer, beber e amar. O resto não vale um níquel.
Lord Byron