RE: New user need some help

On Thu, April 27, 2006 5:59 am, Ken Walker wrote:
> when i do
>
> apt-get install x-window-system
> apt-get install fluxbox
>
> on a base install of Debian stable
>

> then startx,i go strait into fluxbox
>

> and reboot, i get a debian login screen, which when logging in takes me
> strait to fluxbox.
>
> The login screen does not have any options apart from username/password,
> nothing there for different desktops or shutdown or such.
>
> but it does work.

I believe that's part of the default window manager (TWM?) installed by X.
You can remove it if you prefer a text login.  IIRC the package you'd want to
remove is xdm.

That could be incorrect, it's been a while.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for
Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other
Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.