Re: sata sil3114 support

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 14:55 +0200, Lubos Vrbka wrote:

> hi guys,
>
> is it possible to use disk connected to sil3114 sata controler in debian
> (or linux, this is not distro-specific, it think)? i checked the kernel
> config and found there only support for 3112, that is different chipset,
>  i think, unfortunately :(
>
> the 4 sata ports belonging to the nvidia chipset are already occupied
> and i would like to add more drivers to my machine - and the remaining 4
> sata ports are connected to 3114...
>
> so is there any way how to get it working? google wasn't very useful
> when looking for a solution, but maybe i just used bad query.
>
> thanks for any hints. with best regards,

Hi,

quick google search (query: "kernel sil image support" without the ")
gives the silicon image site with linux drivers as first hit. You might
want to check it out.

The kernel driver "silicon image" indeed only states 3112. I thought I
saw some other silicon image driver somewhere else, but don't remember
where. Might want to take a look at that too.

Good luck

Philippe De Ryck