Re: New user need some help

Mariusz Kruk wrote:
> Ken Walker napisał(a):
>> apt-get install x-windows-system
>
> No! There ain't no such thing as X Windows!
> Read the X(7x) manual

So _that's_ where the naming preferences are for X. I _knew_ I'd seen
them somewhere, years ago, but never could find them again. (Even now,
on my Sid box, "man X" replies "no manual entry for X" and "man X(7)"
complains about an unexpected token; I guess I've seen these before and
assumed there was no man page for X, but I just googled for it and found
a webified man page at http://linuxreviews.org/man/X/index.html.en which
explains the naming conventions for X. I'm glad you directed me this
way. I've forever wanted to have this resource, because I so often see X
referred to wrongly and didn't have the resource to correct the
references. Thanks!)

--
Kent