Re: mozilla mplayer plugin does not play video

Matthias Julius wrote:
> "H.S." <hs.samix@gmail.com> writes:
>

>>If I click on a video link, mozilla mplayer plugin shows that it is
>>downloading the file but doesn't really play anything. After the
>>download is complete, it tells as much and then it either doesn't do
>>anything or just prints "Stopped" message in the mplayer window (which
>>is within the browser).
>

> Do you have an example video link?  Is this the case with every video?
> Do you see the mplayer controls in the mplayer window?  If so, have
> you tried to hit the play button?  I sometimes have to do that to get
> the plugin play the video.
>
> Matthias

What's in your ~/mozilla/plugins directory?

I have
mplayerplug-in.so
mplayerplug-in.xpt

You'll need to copy them in to this directory.

Also, type 'about:plugins' in firefox's address bar.  If the plugin is registered correctly, you'll see it listed
(mplayerplug-in)

Eric