Re: Debian Installation on ACER TRAVELMATE TM3004WTMIB

On Wednesday 26 April 2006 05:09, Seidenthal Steve wrote this for perusal by
us all:
>---> Hi Debian Users,
>--->
>---> I tried to install Debian Sarge 3.1 on my Subnotebook which is an Acer
>---> Travelmate TM3004 WTMIB.
>--->
>---> This is a 12,1" Device which has no internal DVD Drive, but has an
>---> Firewire external MutliDrive.
>--->
>---> I can boot from the DVD but the installer does not find the modules to
>---> detect de DVD Drive.
>--->
>---> What can i do ? Can i manually load Modules for Firewire DVD Drives ?
> How ;-) ? --->
>---> Many thanks for any ideas
>--->
>---> PS: I am a Newbie
>--->
>--->
Don't know if this has any relevance or is of any help, but my Acer Aspire
would run an external DVD drive, through a USB hub. But the drive had to be
connected to the actual laptop USB ports for the installer to find it.
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

Brilliant Debian Sarge 3.1