Re: 'M-v' not working in man pages

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 03:54:52PM +0200, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Hi.
>
> When I'm reading a manual page, I do 'C-v' to go one screen ahead,
> but 'M-v' does not work to go one screen back: when I do 'M-v',
> the View menu is displayed instead.
> How can I fix that?

change the key assignments for M-v. Gnome is grabbing it and using it
to drop down that view menu instead of passing it to the
terminal. THere is a way to change the key assignments in gnome, but I
can't recall off the top of my head.

I had a similar problem with IceWM for a while... when using emacs
C-M-n (I think) was the key code for "Next Paren" but Ice was grabbing
it for "Net" and launching Dillo. took me forever to figure that out.