Re: how to test Ethernet connection

On Tuesday, April 25, 2006 3:15 AM GMT,
Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@verizon.net> wrote:

On Monday 24 April 2006 20:52, Serena Cantor wrote:
You are right. Thanks! I will buy a crossover, hope it
does not cost much, or I will consider buy a hub.

Cheap 4 port hubs=$40, half duplex.
Cheap 8 port switch=$60, full duplex, which would you buy?

When buying network equipment, always go with full-duplex switches.

Regards,
IraqiGeek
www.iraqigeek.com

Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This
is a very comforting thought particularly for people who can never
remember where they have left things. Woody Allen