Re: After recent Debian sid upgrade 2.6.16 to 2.6.16, vmware-config.pl fails

RParr wrote:
I have been running VMware 5.5.1 under Debian sid with 2.6.15 kernel and X.org 6.8.x.

Now, after dist-upgrading to 2.6.16 kernel and X.org 7.0 (and a lot of other upgrades that came along as part of the deal), building vmmon module via vmware-config.pl fails.

vmware-config.pl starts with a message that the kernel was built with gcc 4.0.3 and the build is to use 4.0.4. I said yes, proceed, as I thought this a minor version difference which would be ok. The next part fails with the following messages
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Did you ask this in one of the VMware forums?
I can't speak for 5.5.1 because I run the freebie server beta.
However, that version is very picky about the kernel headers that are used.

Do you have those installed for 2.6.16<x> (you did not specify what version)?