Re: OT: Comparison of filesystems

On 2006-04-24, Rick Friedman penned:

> I would like to hear from others their opinions about differing
> filesystems such as: ext3, Reiserfs, XFS, JFS, etc.20

I use ext3 primarily because it's broadly supported.  If the fecal
matter hits the rotary device and I want to be able to read the drive
on another machine, or boot with a different install or repair disk,
anything with ext2 support can read ext3, even though of course you
won't have the journalling support.

Granted, I made this decision a few years ago and maybe support for
reiser etc. is more common now.  Also, I tend to build my own kernels
and streamline them for only what I use, which affects this decision.

--
monique

Help us help you: