Re: port forwarding problem. Probably easy if you know how.

At 1145804173 past the epoch, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 09:11:14AM -0500, Forrest Smith
> wrote:
> > The folks on the Shorewall project have done all this
> > for you:
>
> Does shorewall find and install the missing kernel
> modules. wherever they are?  Or does it just use iptables,
> whose docs say it tries to load them (but it is evidently
> not succeeding).
>
> I *have* the set of iptables commands I need.  They *used*
> to work.  They *don't* work now.

What makes you think it is a kernel module issue? Usually
with iptables, if the relevant kernel module is not loaded
and can't be probed automatically, the command you utter
will fail to the terminal as you type it, not just silently
not work. Or perhaps it has done, and you just haven't
provided us with the messages.

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/