Re: sata boot disc & 2.6 kernel
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: sata boot disc & 2.6 kernel
- From: Andrei Popescu <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 20:01:07 +0300
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20060423164945.3A23B469FF@server1>
- References: <20060423164945.3A23B469FF@server1>
steve downes <email@example.com> wrote:
> Just "upgraded" to 2.6 kernel using apt-get install kernel-image-2.6-686
> It cannot see the sata disc which it boots from. It gets to
> Begin: Mounting root file system ... ...
> Begin: Running /scripts/local-top ...
> Begin: Waiting for root file system ... ...
> I have read all I can find & no avail & checked my bios for Legacy or similar - no joy
> Any pointers please? 2.4 installed fine & ran/runs off the Sata without problem.
It could be that your partitions are now /dev/sda1, ... instead
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.