RE: Derrick Hudson

This is for the user Derrick that asked about extracting files from a windows
executable. Derrick I believe what you are looking for is called
an "unpacker". These are the reverse of a packaging or setup utility to
create self installing executables for software applications, or something
like that.

What you need to do is view the file properties, on a Windows PC is best, of
the setup.exe or whatever it is named, sometimes it's called install.exe.
Anyway, the properties dialog box should give you the name of the setup
utility that was used to create the installation or setup .exe file. There
are several well known packers out there namely, Installshield, Setup
Factory, Inno setup etc.

This URL: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=102423 has a
couple unpackers in it for Inno and Setup Factory as well as a disassembler.

I hope you find this useful. And sorry if it's a little late. I see this was
from sometime in 2005.

Stone