Re: wine installation help needed

> 2. 'apt-get update'. This brings the package
> database up to date. If
> you get any errors just try to run the command
> again.
> 3. 'apt-get install wine'. This will automatically
> download the
> package, including all dependencies and install
> them.

++
++
ok i did that and it looks for libxxf86dga1, i have it
on my desktop in a folder called deb, when it looks
with synaptic or apt-get it wants packages.gz to be
present for some reason, now i have figured out a way
to trick it into looking on the hdd, how do i make it
stop looking for packages.gz? lol