Re: time incremented one hour with every boot.

On 20.04.06 11:02, Joaquin wrote:
> I'm experiencing a little problem with the system clock since I
> entered into daylight saving time:  Every time I start debian it adds
> one hour, so it has became some kind of time machine... If any of you
> is entering into my system and making fun of me, please say it, I
> offer a beer or a coffee if you stop doing so... just a joke... ok
> that wasn't funny... :)
>
> When I boot with a Ms Windows it doesn't increments the date, so I
> think it isn't a hw issue.

first remove /etc/adjtime, maybe it instruct your system to change the time
after reboot.

second, it's bad that windows can't use UTC in hardware clock, you will
probably have a little problem each time your computer boots.

third, if you are permanently online, you can install "ntpdate" and probably
configure it to set the clock after boot. in such case you should also
install ntp-server to keep the clock in sync.
Saving Private Ryan...
Private Ryan exists. Overwrite? (Y/N)